7.17.2011

Acceptance.

"Ask not that events should happen as you will, but let your will be
that events should happen as they do, and you shall have peace." ~ Epictetus

finding a little slice of peace through the acceptance of situations and through the acceptance of myself.....

my house will not always be clean
i am divorced
Bugz might be my one and only baby
i don't know if i will ever find love again
as a single mama, i am not always able to give 100% of myself to brody
i have a beautifully supportive and amazing family
sometimes i lose my patience
i am going to be 33 this year
i cannot please everyone
sometimes i will say the wrong thing
it's okay to say no
i am the best mama that i can be
i am lucky to be a mama
i might not always call you back
i need my quiet space
sometimes i get lonely
i won't post here as often as i would like :)
i work hard and am able to provide for my family
I have patient friends who have given me the space and time to get to this place today.
i have experienced love.
i have one incredibly smart and absolutely amazing beautiful son.
my heart is full.......

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Cory, those are beautiful and honest words. It is hard to come to a place of acceptance in our lives and even harder to share those thoughts with others. I have always been amazed by your strength and continue to be with this post....

Much love to you...

kimberly said...

and this just moved me to crocodile tears......beautifully expressed corky......absolutely love your words....and i hope and pray that you continue to have a full heart....and to be blessed. you are enough corky....you have given everything you have for that little boy....you have been his advocate and have loved him with all that you are....and that is evident...you have a wonderful soul, my dear girl......and i am so thankful for you.
xoxo

Jamie said...

i love you sweet sister of mine and we should ALL be this vulnerable to put our fears, facts, happinesses down in words. i'm proud of you for all that you are and all that you are to come. you are exactly where you are supposed to be and you are exactly the mama that brody needs....always....no matter what. i love you!

Unknown said...

I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed and very nice, thank you for all. Regards, performing arts boarding schools I really hope to be your friends.

myrtle said...

What a wonderful post.
buy wow account

VanillaRhumba said...

so sincere and true. continue to live, laugh and love.

Everything w/ Eggs said...

Cory, keep pushing forward and being patient with yourself! Thanks for reminding me I don't need to be perfect to be a good parent.

Spottedfire said...

That is so touching. I find it super hard to admit my faults and errors, and you did for the whole world go see. Wow.

Beautiful Cluster said...

Hi Cory,

what you wrote were wonderful. I hope one day you will continue to write again. You have a gift & in writing we get to see this.

Unknown said...

What an amazing story...i like it

http://naymahsworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

how true!

Unknown said...

nice blog,welcome to my blog and be friends too,http://colorfulonlinemakeup.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

nice blog,welcome to my blog and be friends too,http://colorfulonlinemakeup.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Very Nice. Thanks For Sharing Check Out This Free Video

Unknown said...

good one...
PSD To Prestashop Conversion

Anonymous said...

hi

Anonymous said...

hi