3.14.2007

And So It Is... Bronchialitis!

Yep, my baby has another ear infection in his right ear as well as bronchialitis!!!! He has had a cold (congestion and runny nose) for about 2.5 weeks. The congestion seemed to be getting better, than last Thursday he started up with a cough and the congestion started coming back. Yesterday he woke up wheezing so Matt and I decided it was time to take him in to see the doc.

So now little Brody is on breathing treatments, as needed, a prescribed steroid to help loosen up his "tight" lungs for three days, and amoxicillin for his ear infection. Poor baby!!!

He has really been such a good sport through it all. He started off thinking that it was kind of funny when mommy suctioned snot out of his nose. Now he isn't too fond of it! Occasionally he will allow the intrusion and smile patiently at me. I think he knows that it breaks my heart to see him in any form of discomfort. He has been a little more clingy and very tired the past two days.

This morning we tried the breathing treatment for the first time. I was a little nervous as I didn't know how it was going to go and the thought of holding him down to place a mask over his face wasn't sounding too pleasant. I think the loud sound of the machine scared him more than anything. When I attempted to put the mask on his face he wasn't too sure about it and started fussing. Daddy kneeled down with him and talked him through it singing and making Brody smile. Eventually Brody grabbed the mask, holding it on his face himself. In fact I had to pry it out of his little hands! :) Of course what he really wanted was to stick it in his mouth and nibble on it. Whatever works huh!

3 comments:

Nonnie said...

Sweet little boy!!!! Still able to smile and play when he was here yesterday! Hope he keeps gettin better SOON!

jessamyn said...

Brodester...I am so sorry your sick little munchkin! you have had one too many run-ins with the sicko germs in your little life buddy. Wishing you a quick "get well". We love you...and we love you too Cory. I know it isn't easy/fun to be nursing a sick baby back to health. Hang in there sister!

Jamie said...

Poor baby Brody ~ he's definitely been through his share of things since his little life began on this earth. I hope he feels better soon!